Pet Copywriter for the Pet Industry
I write website copy, landing pages, marketing emails, and blog articles for the pet industry.
Many of my clients say their web traffic increases by 30-40% after I optimize their web copy.
They make more sales too. Each web page or blog post is another opportunity to get found by your customers. It also gives you something else to share on social media.
Here are some other “wins.”
- 575K views on one blog article. My editor says that the article “drives A LOT of overall traffic to the site.”
- 131% increase in one quarter on one pillar page and 100% goal conversions.
Who Am I?
My name is Jen Phillips April, and since 2004, I’ve been writing for the pet market. Back then, I created a website about dog health and gave away dog treat recipes. Organic SEO was a key component of my traffic-building strategy, and it worked. I grew the site to over 85,700 organic visits a month and generated a monthly income through affiliate sales and Google Adsense.
Now I write web copy, blog articles, sales funnel emails, case studies, and landing pages for the pet market.
My clients include veterinarian hospitals, Chewy.com, Outward Hound, Pet Partners, AKC, Groomer to Groomer, Pet Vet, and many more.
Project-based rates bring a ton of value and transparency. We agree to the rate so there are no surprises.
This is what goes into a sample blog post.
- Research time
- My experience in the pet and SEO fields (and the inherent knowledge that brings.)
- Internal linking to your existing content
- Access to my extensive network in the pet field. I’ve interviewed dozens of veterinarians, pet behaviorists, and pet groomers over the years. I can reach out to relevant sources for quotes to add unique perspectives to the content pieces I write. (This can help with SEO and distribution since many of them are happy to share on social once the article is published.)
Starts at $500 USD 700-1000 words.
Websites start at $1700, depending on the number of pages.
Landing pages start at $500/page.
If you’re in need of a B2B content strategy:
- I can help plan the content that focuses sales and marketing on one message.
- Communicates how the product solves specific problems that your customer wants to solve now.
- Helps build the brand as an expert leader in the field.
What’s it look like to work together?
I love good communication and reliability. We’ll agree to a project, and you’ll receive a clear Statement of Work outlining our agreement, including deadlines, payment terms, and turnaround times. (We’ll discuss all this in our call, so there are no surprises!)
“Jennifer is a very professional and personable writer who finds your voice and adds to it in a way that is hard to find elsewhere. ”
Brock Wackerle – Corporate Brand Manager
Do you want to discuss a potential project? email me I look forward to hearing from you!